- Current students with a valid OneCard are eligible to book Library group study rooms.
- Students booking Library group study rooms must complete, and comply with, current University health screening and vaccination requirements.
Group Study Room Use
Group study rooms are available by appointment using the Library’s online booking system.
- To maximize access for all students needing quiet group study space, priority is given to groups of 3 or more people who have booked the room in our Library’s room booking system.
- Drop in use of group study rooms is available when rooms have not been booked or if groups have not arrived to claim their booking within 15 minutes of their booked time.
- Furniture should not be moved or relocated.
- Air purifiers should not be relocated.
- Air purifiers must be turned on while the room is in use.
- You must claim your room within the first 15 minutes of the booking, or your room may be taken by other eligible users.
- Study rooms are for quiet discussion; students using the rooms for purposes other than quiet study will be asked to leave.
- Study rooms should not replace classrooms. Faculty are advised to contact Timetabling at ext. 555354 to reserve classrooms for instruction
Group study rooms are available to book during the hours the Library is open up until one hour prior to closing.
We encourage all community members to continue to wear a mask or face covering while indoors, maintain physical distancing wherever feasible, to stay home if you are ill, and to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene.
Disinfectant wipes are available in close proximity to all bookable group study rooms; students are encouraged to wipe down seats and work areas before and after their booking.
If you have questions regarding this policy or related guidelines, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Study Room Booking module collects only the minimum amount of information from users necessary to book a room – this includes name and email address. This information is stored on a secure site, and will not be used for any other purpose.