We offer Library tours to new students, staff and faculty, and to visitors to campus. During the guided Library tour, you will be given a brief overview of our services, resources and facilities. The tour can also include visits to spaces such as:
- The Ronald D. Besse Information and Learning Commons (main floor)
- The Geospatial, Map and Data Centre (main floor)
- The Isaac Olowolafe Jr. Digital Media Experience (DME) Lab and the Collaboratory (3rd floors of the SLC)
- Archives and Special Collections (4th floor)
Tours are available at 12 p.m. daily, Monday to Friday, and are approximately 30 minutes in duration, depending on the needs and interest of the group. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour, and we will be in touch! Please provide the following information in your email:
- First and last name
- Contact email
- Your connection to TMU (e.g. student, instructor, prospective student, etc.)
- The desired date of your tour, and the number of people in your group.
- Any other details you’d like to share in advance.
If you are a high school teacher interested in bringing your class to the Library for an instruction session, please register for a Campus Visit through Admissions, and indicate that a library instruction session for your class is the primary reason for your visit to TMU. An instruction session is a great complement to the campus tour, and provides your students with a hands-on learning experience in a university library. The Library will make every effort to schedule instruction sessions as requested, but flexibility is important, as the needs of TMU students must first be accommodated, and class availability is subject to the availability of librarians. We provide classes in MAY and JUNE, which are our off-peak times, and can accommodate a maximum of 5 visits. (One visit per high school).