Overleaf is an online collaborative scientific writing and publishing tool. It is designed to make the process of writing, editing, and producing scientific papers much quicker for authors.
The Toronto Metropolitan University Libraries is providing Overleaf Professional upgrades for all students, faculty, and staff who would like to use a collaborative, online LaTeX/Rich Text editor for their projects. Overleaf Professional upgrades include real-time track changes, unlimited collaborators, and full document history.
Overleaf Professional upgrades provide:
- Real-time collaboration in your browser for working together on a single version of a project, with an unlimited number of authorized users. You can add and remove collaborators at any time throughout the lifecycle of your document.
- Real-time track changes and visible collaborator cursor(s) ease work on collaborative documents.
- Enjoy real-time PDF preview of your document while editing and writing – type on the left and see your typeset document on the right.
- Full history view of your documents – see all changes made for the entire life of the document, with the ability to revert to any older version.
- Integrated, streamlined publishing – allows you to publish easily and directly to a number of integrated submission systems, including dozens of publishing partners.
- Use Overleaf for interactive demonstrations and teaching – https://www.overleaf.com/for/edu
- Two-way sync with Dropbox and GitHub
- Reference manager sync and advanced reference search
- Priority support
- Instructional articles and resources: https://www.overleaf.com/learn
- Free webinars with varying levels and topics (live options and pre-recorded on-demand sessions): https://www.overleaf.com/events/webinars
- Toronto Metropolitan University resource portal available – including easy sign up, templates, FAQs, and resource links.
Claim your Overleaf Professional upgrade by signing up (or signing in) via the Toronto Metropolitan University resource portal. https://www.overleaf.com/edu/torontomu