The Library has recently purchased subscriptions to the following:
- Historical Abstracts
Historical Abstracts indexes historical literature (excluding Canada and the US) covering the period from 1450 to present. It contains citations for books and dissertations and abstracts of articles from over 1,700 journals.
- JCR Journal Citation Reports
Journal Citation Reports is a comprehensive and unique resource that allows you to evaluate and compare journals using citation data drawn from over 7,500 scholarly and technical journals from more than 3,300 publishers in over 60 countries.
- AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) Electronic Library
The AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) Electronic Library provides access to all of the Association’s journals from 1963 to 2005. The subscription also includes access to approximately 3,500 papers each year from 20 to 30 technical conferences covering all aspects of aeronautics and astronautics.
The Library has recently purchased a selection of feature films on DVD. Check out the following:
More feature films are listed in the Library catalogue.
The Library has just purchased back issues (primarily pre-1995) of over 500 Elsevier titles. The following collections were purchased:
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmaceuticals
- Physical and Analytical Chemistry
- Medical Subfiles
- Allergology, Rheumatology and Immunology
- Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care and Intensive Medicine
- Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Hematology, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health
- Orthopedics, Sports Medicines and Rehabilitation
- Perinatology, Pediatrics and Child Health
- Psychiatry and Mental Health
- Public Health and Health Policy
- Radiology and Imaging
- Respiratory, Pulmonary and Infectious Diseases
Resources from BuildingGreen.com including Environmental Building News are now available to Ryerson community members. BuildingGreen is an independent company that provides information for building professionals and policy makers to improve the environmental performance of buildings. The site provides access to a wide variety of topics such as policy, land use, water, energy and materials.
The International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text contains articles from over 100 titles, including Canadian Theatre Review, Dance Chronicle, Dance Teacher, Modern Drama, PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art, Research in Dance Education, Research in Drama Education, Studies in Theatre and Performance, TDR: The Drama Review, Theater, and many more. Full text of more than 50 books & monographs is also available.
This month the Ryerson Library has purchased a large number of primarily pre-1995 issues of electronic journals from Wiley. In most cases we also have the recent issues of these titles.
The following collections were purchased:
The Library has recently acquired the Paper of Record, an historical archive of full-page newspaper images from a collection of international papers spanning the 18th-21st centuries. Canadian and Mexican regional newspapers are well represented.