Skip to main menu Skip to content
Ryerson University has changed its name. Find out more.
Information on Library resources and services for: Students | Instructors | Researchers


How do I add my research to RShare?

The How to Deposit Research to RShare instructions will walk you through uploading your research to the RShare site.

How can I find statistics on the views and downloads of my research?

Statistics on views and downloads of your research can be found by viewing your research on RShare.

My thesis/dissertation/project/major research paper is missing from RShare. How can I upload it?

Theses, Dissertations, and some Major Research Papers  and Thesis Projects are delivered to the Library via Graduate Studies, normally several months to one year after the final submission is made. The Library is only able to upload copies that are sent to us directly from Graduate Studies. Your paper will eventually be added, but it may take some time.

Other Major Research Papers and Thesis Projects are provided to the Library by some (but not all) departments. Please first check with your department before contacting the Library at

Can I change the content of my paper/article, etc. in RShare?

For simple typographical corrections to graduate papers, please send email to More substantive changes can only be approved by Graduate Studies.

For changes relating to all other research papers, please contact

I want to remove my thesis, dissertation, etc., from RShare.

The Library cannot remove the paper without approval from Graduate Studies. 

I want to remove my research article, data, etc.

To remove or update all other research and documents, please contact

What version of my research paper can I upload?

If you have misplaced your copyright transfer agreement/publishing agreement, please refer to Sherpa Romeo for guidance. If you need assistance interpreting Sherpa Romeo, please contact

Does the Library have funds to support Open Access publishing? 

Unfortunately, the Library suspended its open access author fund some years ago and currently does not have any funds available for that purpose. We can, however, provide guidance on how to make your work open access by using your post-print. Please contact for a consultation. 

I need to embargo my graduate paper or research article. How can I do that? 

Embargoes for graduate papers are granted by Graduate Studies. For all other papers, please contact

I need more information about a paper, such as survey instruments, code, etc. used in a graduate paper or other research articles in RShare. 

The Library does not maintain contact information for graduate student authors. Your best bet is to try LinkedIn, Google, Facebook,etc., to track down the author. All other TMU authors should be easy to locate using the TMU website.

I am an undergraduate student and wish to add my essay or other project to the RShare. 

Please contact for assistance.