By Invitation Only: Usability Day – August 11, 2017
On Friday August 11, 2017 from 8:30-4 p.m. Toronto Metropolitan University will be holding an OER Outreach/Usability Day for Librarians, Instructional Designers, and others to gather feedback regarding the Ryerson/eCampus Ontario Open Publishing Infrastructure Project. Access the full agenda here. Full presentation materials are available here.
This prototype project is the first step in developing an OER creation and dissemination infrastructure for Ontario. To date it comprises the following parts:
- DSpace Repository
- User Interface
- Pressbooks Authoring Platform
- OER Module Building Prototype
The day will start with an overview of the project to date, then we will break into groups to discuss the following topics Authoring/Pressbooks, Repository/Metadata/Hosting, User Front End, and OER Learning Module Creation.
Please RSVP by Wednesday August 2nd to Sally Wilson (email@example.com) with an indication of your area of interest and any dietary restrictions and if you require funding to attend.
Time: 8:30-4:00 p.m.
Location: Ryerson Student Learning Centre, Yonge and Gould Room SLC508
Ryerson to Feature Open Learning Open House at Canada’s Largest Gathering of Scholars at Congress 2017
On May 27 to June 2, 2017 Toronto Metropolitan University will host Canada’s largest gathering of scholars. Congress 2017 brings together more than 8,000 academics, researchers and policy-makers.
To showcase Toronto Metropolitan University’s leadership in open learning, the Toronto Metropolitan University Library and Archives (RULA) and the Office of E-Learning will host an open house, the Ryerson Library Research Showcase.
The open house will run May 30th, 11-2 p.m. in the heart of the conference activity in the Research Help Desk on the main floor of the Library adjacent to the Student Learning Centre (SLC).
The event is free and open to anyone interested in open educational resources (OER) including faculty, staff and students. The event will showcase some groundbreaking Ryerson open learning projects. There will be featured poster presentations and opportunities to discuss projects with OER project leaders.
This unique opportunity will give attendees a chance to learn more about OER and how Toronto Metropolitan University is helping support OER projects at the university and provincial level.
Specific projects featured in the showcase will include:
- Details on the newly announced Open Infrastructure project that Toronto Metropolitan University will be leading for eCampusOntario
- Two in-progress open textbook projects
- A look at the all-new Ryerson Open Textbook Authoring Guide
- An open textbook research project with Rebus Community
If you need any more details on the event please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Schwartz (LTO), Ann Ludbrook (Library): Building an open university: Using open access materials for your teaching and research on May 29, 2017 which is part of Career Corner
- Ann Ludbrook, (Library), Panelist Open Access and Non-Traditional Forms of Digital Scholarly Publication Joint: CAPAL and Digital Humanities May 31, 2017
- Fangmin Wang, Sally Wilson, Ann Ludbrook, (Library) Collaboratory Visioning: Creating Opportunities in the Academic Library, CAPAL, May 31, 2017