Open Publishing Infrastructure Project Usability and Community Consultation Day
Date: Friday, Aug. 11, 2017
Location: Ryerson Student Learning Centre, Yonge and Gould Room SLC508
Due to construction, you will need to access the Student Learning Centre via the Library at 350 Victoria St.
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
8:30 a.m. Breakfast & Get Settled
9:00 a.m. Open Publishing Infrastructure Infrastructure Project Overview – Dr. Wendy Freeman
9:30 a.m. Updates from Project Working Group Chairs
- Hongbo He, Chair, Infrastructure Team (15 minutes)
- Naza Djafarova, Chair, Learning Module Team (15 minutes)
- Ann Ludbrook, Chair, Communications & Community Building (15 minutes)
- Apurva Ashok, Pressbooks (15 minutes)
Q&A – All
10:45 a.m. Coffee Break
11:00 a.m. – Demo and Prototype Overview – Dean Irvine – Architectural Overview
Apurva Ashok- Pressbooks Demo
11:45 a.m. Q&A – All
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch provided
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Breakout sessions – You are encouraged to move throughout the various breakout sessions and provide feedback. Attendees will be encouraged to write feedback on Post-Its provided for the respective sessions.
Rotating sessions at 1:00, 1:30, 2:00 p.m.
- User Front-End (Agile) – Room #SLC508
- Pressbooks Authoring Platform – Room #SLC515
- OER Module Creator (Lars and DES) – Room #SLC516
- Repository/Metadata – Room #SLC508
2:30-2:45 p.m. – Coffee Break
2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – End of day reporting
- Reports from each of the groups
- Top ten suggestions
3:45 p.m. Concluding remarks – Dr. Wendy Freeman